We are very excited to announce a new integration with Scout. Scout is a hosted server monitoring system that works great in cloud environments. It monitors the usual server metrics, like CPU, load average and disk space. It also has plugins for a variety of services, like MySQL, MongoDB, Redis and Sphinx. Scout allows you to quickly graph and visualize various metrics across servers and across services running on those servers — for instance, you can correlate spikes in disk I/O on your DB server to traffic on your web server.
The new integration allows you to quickly hook up your Scout account to your PagerDuty account via an API-based integration. Then, you can start receiving phone, SMS and email notifications for all important server, database and application issues, as monitored by Scout.
We’ve already rolled out the integration to a beta set of customers and the feedback has been very positive:
“Setup was really easy, and the ability for alerts to auto-resolve themselves is a lifesaver.” – Sam Marx, Moxie Software
Hooking up your Scout and PagerDuty accounts is very easy (shouldn’t take more than a minute):
- Make sure you’re logged into Scout as an administrator.
- Click on “Notifications”, then click on “Connect to PagerDuty”.
- You’ll then be redirected to pagerduty.com. Enter your PagerDuty login credentials.
- You’ll then be asked to create a new PagerDuty service. This is the integration point for Scout: Scout will trigger new incidents in PagerDuty via this service.
- Click “Finish Integration” and you’re done!